Update May 20
This is a brief newsletter to owners, on behalf of the President & Committee, to keep you informed of the latest local situation at Costa Natura and in the Region of Andalucia in general.
Costa Natura is in good condition and particularly, the gardens are looking wonderful. The planned extensions to stair walls are complete, although the repainting of several apartment blocks had to be stopped, in March, when the ‘state of alarm’ was announced. Hopefully, as soon as the emergency restrictions are lifted, we hope to continue. However, it may be necessary to delay the painting of further blocks until the end of the year.
The local situation and in general:
The Spanish Government has defined 4 Phases where Covid-19 restrictions will progressively be relaxed as the pandemic slows down. We started in Phase 0 and on completion of the final Phase 3, it is planned that Spain will return to a ‘New Normal’ Situation – whatever that means (we don’t know yet, however, it is clear that, life will have to change from what we have known in the past)! On Monday 18th May, Malaga Province and hence Estepona, moved from Phase 0 to Phase 1.
From 11th May the government has relaxed rules on car occupancy, to permit people from the same household to travel together in a car. Other passengers may be carried, but only in the rear seats and then all occupants must wear face masks. In general, many people wear facemasks when outside.
General travel around the country is prohibited to all, except, perhaps, commercial drivers delivering food or other goods. For members of the public, it is prohibited to travel outside their home province – in our case, Malaga Province.
Now we are in Phase 1, shops, bars, restaurants and hotels in Estepona will re-open, but with major restrictions. Bars and restaurants can only offer outside service on terraces, with strong limits on capacity, to allow people to keep social distance. Likewise, hotels (including CN) will open, but their communal areas must remain closed. Shops may open, but large shopping centers, like La Cañada will remain closed.
At the present time, the only international arrivals who will be permitted to enter Spain are Spanish nationals or official residents travelling to their homes. Any international arrivals will need to observe a 14 day self-isolation period. At the present time, these restrictions will continue until June 15th.
In Costa Natura:
Reception is open 1 day per week. Please see the Costa Natura website for the rota of days or email email@example.com
‘The Brasserie’ is open for service on the terrace only (not inside the bar and restaurant), with strict rules to maintain the 2m social distance and to apply extra sanitary measures.
The beach is open for walking/exercise, but swimming and sunbathing are prohibited.
The Laundry is open, with strict rule only one person may enter at any one time. All tokens are being disinfected after use.
The following areas/facilities remain closed – Sunbathing lawns, swimming pools, jacuzzi, sauna.
Narci is working several days each week from home, taking bookings and answering questions from clients. A small number of cleaning staff are busy cleaning apartments in preparation for receiving clients.
There are clearly many people who wish to book at CN, but, at the present time, international clients are unable to travel to Spain. So, we expect that, in the early stages, most clients will be Spanish and until further notice, only Spanish people from the Malaga Province.
You can be assured that Costa Natura will be ready to receive clients just as soon as travel restrictions are lifted sufficiently.
The President, Committee and all the staff are very keen start welcoming owners and clients to Costa Natura at the earliest possible moment.
It is vital that all owners and clients strictly observe the need to maintain the 2m social distancing and to handwash at regular intervals.
LET US ALL HELP TO KEEP COSTA NATURA SAFE!
In 2 weeks time, it is planned to send you another local newsletter.
The Brasserie will open on Monday 18th May –
for outdoor serving and Take Away
Opening Hours: 14.00 – 20.00 daily
The following rules must be followed at the Brasserie:
- Strict social distancing at all times. 2 meters distance unless from the same household.
- Tables with chairs minimum 2m apart
- No guests inside the restaurant and the toilets at the restaurant are closed. Use the facilities just outside The Brasserie
- Regular wipe down sanitising of tables and chairs and always between shifts of guests
- Sanitary protection for staff inside, also the kitchen (masks and gloves)
- Sanitising stations available for both clients and staff respectively
- Social distancing when waiting at tables & queuing for service (lines on the floor)
- No more than 50% capacity allowed by the latest decree
- No movements of tables and chairs outside the social distancing
- Contactless payments where possible
- The terrace can no longer be used as a walk-trough passage.
Contact us at +34 607 474 988 for bookings (phone/WhatsApp or Text) – WELCOME!!
Keep safe and well,
The Costa Natura Team
If you have an existing booking with Costa Natura and are due to arrive before 1st of July, 2020, contact reception by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on +34 618 817 765
We strongly advise you check with your the Spanish Health Authority, your airline and your travel insurance provider if you intend to travel to Costa Natura.
We are waiving cancellation and change fees, in addition to offering additional rebooking options.
Sanitary guidelines at Costa Natura
We have established several sanitary guidelines for Costa Natura and for The Brasserie that will open on May 18th and we ask everybody to kindly follow and respect the rules implemented:
Latest Guidelines to prevent spreading of Coronavirus (updated on May 9th 2020)
Use of communal areas
- Maximum 2 guests in the reception at the same time. Observe social distancing rules. Contactless payments preferred.
- Swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna, including associated showers, change rooms and toilets, will remain closed until further notice.
- Social club, library and gym, including associated toilets, will remain closed until further notice.
- Change room under the old laundry is closed.
- Laundry room is open. Only 1 person at a time. Please wipe off all surfaces you touch, both before and after, with a disinfectant wet wipe and dispose of it in the bin. Coins are being disinfected before usage
- Volleyball court closed until further notice
- Petanque court may be used by members of same household. Avoid mixing groups of people from different households on the court at the same time.
- Sunbeds remain locked and it’s not allowed to lay/sit on the common lawns. “Renato’s” remains closed until visitor numbers increase
- Play / sports equipment on the lawn by “Renato’s” may not be used.
- The “Brasserie” remains closed. On May 18th The Brasserie will start to offer Take Away and outdoor servings at 50% capacity. Special rules for cleaning and social distance will be applied
- Toilets outside the “Brasserie” may be used. Wipe off the surfaces you touch, both before and after, with a disinfection wet wipe and dispose of the tissue in the bin. (NB! Not in the toilet! It will block the pipes!)
- Beach access gate is open. It’s allowed to walk on the beach in accordance with official Spanish rules
- Always maintain social distancing: Minimum 2 meter of distance. Avoid groups of more than 5. Not applicable to persons from same household.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water. Use disinfectants where available. Always wash or disinfect hands before you go to public places and upon returning to your apartment. Do not touch things unnecessarily in public areas.
- Avoid touching your face unless you have just cleaned hands.
- If you must sneeze, do it in a paper tissue or in the corner of your elbow. Dispose of the paper tissue in a proper and safe way. Wash hands afterwards.
- Most important: If you feel sick, have a fever, runny nose etc; stay home!