Update on 17th of June
This is a brief newsletter to keep you informed of the latest local situation at Costa Natura and in the Region of Andalucia in general.
Life in Costa Natura is now returning to nearly normal. It is nice to see a few clients start to visit us again after the ‘state of alarm’ was announced 3 months ago. Keeping social distance on the Brasserie Terrace is always difficult, but it would be appreciated if the residents of Costa Natura pay particular attention to this and act as role models for new people who visit us.
The local situation and in general:
Near normality can also be used to describe life outside Costa Natura with many people now visiting the shops of Estepona and the beaches. But people remain cautious, the 2m social distance and the wearing of facemasks must still be respected. Another sign that normality is returning is that from 8th June our Province of Malaga (and many other provinces in Spain) entered Phase 3 of the de-escalation of the crisis. This is the final phase and it will extend until 21st June, when the final ‘state of alarm’ legislation expires and we commence the ‘New Normal’ situation. Sidewalk cafes can now open to 75% of their capacity, social gatherings of up to 20 people are allowed and local regional authorities have been put in charge of when their provinces can leave Phase 3 (if it is before 21st June). It is now permitted to travel between provinces, so long as these provinces are also in Phase 3. On 21st June, Spain will open its borders to visitors from the EU’s Schengen Zone and the UK. The border between Spain and Portugal will, however, remain closed until 1st July, at the request of the Portuguese Government. .
In Costa Natura:
Reception is now open 7 days a week: Monday to Friday from 09.00 – 16.00 and Saturday and Sunday 11.00 – 15.00 hours..
‘The Brasserie opening hours are for Friday, Saturday and Sunday 12.00 to 20.00 and from 14.00 to 20.00 on other days. From 3rd July opening hours will be extended – 10.00 to 22.00 11th July – Mandy Sings 15th July – Barbeque Night 19th July – Paella Lunch
The beach is open for walking/exercise, swimming and sunbathing with social distance 2m( 6ft)
The Laundry is open, with strict rule only one person may enter at any one time. All tokens are being disinfected after use.
There are clearly many people who wish to book at CN, but, at the present time, international clients are unable to travel to Spain. So, we expect that, in the early stages, most clients will be Spanish and until further notice, only Spanish people from the Malaga Province.
You can be assured that Costa Natura will be ready to receive clients just as soon as travel restrictions are lifted sufficiently.
The President, Committee and all the staff are very keen start welcoming owners and clients to Costa Natura at the earliest possible moment.
It is vital that all owners and clients strictly observe the need to maintain the 2m social distancing and to handwash at regular intervals.
LET US ALL HELP TO KEEP COSTA NATURA SAFE!
In 2 weeks time, it is planned to send you another local newsletter.
The Brasserie will open on Monday 18th May –
for outdoor serving and Take Away
Opening Hours: 14.00 – 20.00 daily
The following rules must be followed at the Brasserie:
- Strict social distancing at all times. 2 meters distance unless from the same household.
- Tables with chairs minimum 2m apart
- No guests inside the restaurant and the toilets at the restaurant are closed. Use the facilities just outside The Brasserie
- Regular wipe down sanitising of tables and chairs and always between shifts of guests
- Sanitary protection for staff inside, also the kitchen (masks and gloves)
- Sanitising stations available for both clients and staff respectively
- Social distancing when waiting at tables & queuing for service (lines on the floor)
- No more than 50% capacity allowed by the latest decree
- No movements of tables and chairs outside the social distancing
- Contactless payments where possible
- The terrace can no longer be used as a walk-trough passage.
Contact us at +34 607 474 988 for bookings (phone/WhatsApp or Text) – WELCOME!!
Keep safe and well,
The Costa Natura Team
If you have an existing booking with Costa Natura and are due to arrive before 1st of July, 2020, contact reception by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on +34 952 80 80 65 fro Mo-Fry 9am to 4 pm
We strongly advise you check with your the Spanish Health Authority, your airline and your travel insurance provider if you intend to travel to Costa Natura.
We are waiving cancellation and change fees, in addition to offering additional rebooking options.
Sanitary guidelines at Costa Natura
We have established several sanitary guidelines for Costa Natura and for The Brasserie and we ask everybody to kindly follow and respect the rules implemented:
Latest Guidelines to prevent spreading of Coronavirus (updated on June 3rd 2020)
Use of communal areas
- Maximum 2 guests in the reception at the same time. Observe social distancing rules. Contactless payments preferred.
- Swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna, including associated showers, change rooms and toilets, will remain closed until 15th of June .
All owners and clients will be happy to hear that the Gym and Library re-opened on Monday 25th May. In each place only 1 person is permitted at a time and the social club will normally be locked, but the key is available from reception.
- Change room under the old laundry is closed.
- Laundry room is open. Only 1 person at a time. Please wipe off all surfaces you touch, both before and after, with a disinfectant wet wipe and dispose of it in the bin. Coins are being disinfected before usage
- Volleyball court closed until further notice
- Petanque court may be used by members of same household. Avoid mixing groups of people from different households on the court at the same time.
From 1st June, residents may once more use the sunbathing lawns, but they will need to use their own chairs/loungers or use towels or pads. For the time being, the CN sun loungers may not be used, because we have no way to keep these sanitized and safe for your use. Right now we are considering our options on this matter. But all users of the lawns must remember – keep your social distance!
- Play / sports equipment on the lawn by “Renato’s” may not be used.
- On May 18th The Brasserie will start to offer Take Away and outdoor servings at 50% capacity. Special rules for cleaning and social distance will be applied
- Toilets outside the “Brasserie” may be used. Wipe off the surfaces you touch, both before and after, with a disinfection wet wipe and dispose of the tissue in the bin. (NB! Not in the toilet! It will block the pipes!)
- Beach access gate is open. It’s allowed to walk on the beach in accordance with official Spanish rules
- Always maintain social distancing: Minimum 2 meter of distance. Avoid groups of more than 15. Not applicable to persons from same household.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water. Use disinfectants where available. Always wash or disinfect hands before you go to public places and upon returning to your apartment. Do not touch things unnecessarily in public areas.
- Avoid touching your face unless you have just cleaned hands.
- If you must sneeze, do it in a paper tissue or in the corner of your elbow. Dispose of the paper tissue in a proper and safe way. Wash hands afterwards.
- Most important: If you feel sick, have a fever, runny nose etc; stay home!